At Complex Injury Rehab, our clients’ health and safety remain our top priority. In light of the extraordinary measures being taken by our federal and provincial governments, and in line with our professional association’s recommendations in response to COVID-19, we are limiting in person treatment to those with urgent care needs.
We know that many of our clients wish to continue services during these times and many require our services. Our professional governing bodies are recommending that we continue to provide services to clients who require “urgent” care and that we take all appropriate preventative and screening measures.
With very careful and thoughtful consideration, we have developed criteria to allow us to continue to work in a scaled-down fashion. This will allow us to meet the needs of those who require urgent care while also protecting our clients and therapists.
As an alternative to receiving direct therapy, we are transitioning our clients to tele-rehab services to address their current needs. We have used this successfully in the past and all of our therapists are now trained and able to exercise this option efficiently.
This is a suitable alternative given the current circumstances and part of the scope of practice of occupational therapists and social workers.
We are also working to implement creative new programming to better meet our clients’ needs and support them during this challenging time.
Please note that we are still accepting new referrals at this time and will determine our approach on a case by case basis to ensure everyone’s safety while also addressing the needs of our clients. We have developed processes to allow us to continue to complete initial assessments in an objective manner via video conference in situations where in person assessment is not possible.
Services Available via Tele-Rehab
- Brain Health
- program implementation
- Concussion management
- Cognitive rehab
- Hand therapy consultation
- Home exercise program progression / monitoring
- Yoga therapy (individual and group)
- Medical Legal
- Life care planning/future care cost reports
- Loss of service reports
- Attendant care assessment
- Functional assessment
- Mental Health
- Yoga therapy
- Support groups
- CBT / DBT
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Pain management strategies
- Exercise program implementation / progression
- Yoga therapy (individual or group)
- Fine motor assessment and treatment consultation
- Attention / Cognitive assessment and treatment programming
- Life Skills training programs
- Study Skills training
- Virtual home safety consultations
- Cognitive stimulation programs
- Health and wellness programming
- Coping strategy development